Here is last third box-art Sniper Girl for Manufaktura Miniatures I painted in June. This is same sniper as second one, but in different pose. So she painted in the same color scheme. I am enjoyed greatly while paint this miniatures so I want to paint one of them for my own collection this after my current GD crusade will over. So I hope you like this one.
Long time since we had no recipes. There is something to share, but the total lack of free time affects :-( Here is a small recipe for "leather" products of small size, pouches etc. Basically now I use browns and oranges from Pacific88 Art Color for this, but now I was asked to do it based on Vallejo / Citadel.
So: base - black + Dark Fleshtone (Vallejo Game Color) highlights gradually adding Flat Brown (Vallejo Model Color) to the pure then Flat Brown highlights with the addition of Skrag Brown (Citadel Layer) add a very little Scrofulous Brown (VGC) and highlight up using Iraqui Sand (VMC). At the end, we paint the little lines with a semi-transparent Iraqui Sand.
Good news everyone! I worked on this model in the breaks between endless space marines to get just a little rest. So now Yolanda Skorn is finished. Unfortunately I don't know who sculpted this beauty but this guy did a very nice job. It is my first Necromunda miniature but I am sure a far not last. Hope you like it as much as I am enjoyed in the process of painting.
Good news, Everyone!
First Marine from my new space marine project now painted, only base left. I tried to do him as "old school" as I ca in remembrance of good old days when no one ca imagined the Great Rift or Primaris space marine.
What I can say more... yellow is a @&$^! tough color. Really easier to do a NMM bionic leg that the yellow normal one.
So stay turned 'cause more bright color old school marines is coming!
The Traitor-Librarian project is finally over and went yesterday to a new home. This project took considerably more time than I had originally planned and was one of those rare works that I would gladly leave in my collection. While working on this miniature, I came up with several interesting ideas that I will definitely try to realize when I make such an uncle for myself.
I hope you were also interested in watching the process and liked the result.
The last part of the Traitor-Librarian project log will be devoted to the fire demon and glow effects.
The first thing that I would like to note is that the fire and all sorts of similar effects are better drawn on a light undercoat. Because I primed miniature with black, I need to do a layer of the light undercoat. I used Khaki (VGC), but in principle, any extra opaque light colors would work.
Usually, I paint from dark to light, and it can be difficult for me to change to another method of painting. So I chose a compromise option: first cover everything among the middle color, and then go both ways. As an basic middle color, I chose Scrofulous Brown (VGC).
It should be noted that painting a flame is a rare case when I do not make a color transition, but paint with pure colors or individual mixtures of them.
For the highlight of the base color, I used Dark Tangerine and Yellow from Pacific88 and Ice Yellow (VMC)
For darkening - Scarlet (VMC), Flat Red (Andrea) and a mixture of Flat Red and black.
The tips of the horns and flames on the demon's head are painted purely black, also I put some dot of pure Ice Blue to simulate sparks.
To do some reflexes from fire, I used Scarlet and Flat Red, adding, if necessary, Dark Tangerine.
have repeatedly written about working with reds in previous projects, I'll just
describe the used colors and techniques. On this model I used two variants of
red, warm on a cloak and a tabard and a cold red-magenta on a book and a staff.